The following is a list of services we provide to Property Owners.
Finding a Tenant Only
- Listing in the Multiple Listing System which sends it out to more than 120 websites including Zillow, Trulia, Homes.com, Realtor.com, Homesdatabase.com and makes it accessible to all licensed Maryland Real Estate Agents
- Convenient Showing Service used for licensed real estate agents to schedule showings and provide feedback – Owners receive email notifications of both
- Perform credit check, criminal background check and eviction search through Experian and/or Equifax Services
- Obtain employment and income verification
- Obtain past rental history, if applicable
- Lease preparation, explanation and signing with new tenant (includes collection and deposit of security deposit funds)
- Comprehensive inspection of property on move in day (average time 2-3 hours)
- Results are recorded on an extensive 6 page inspection report
- Digital pictures of discrepancies are taken and provided to owners/tenants
Total cost is equal to 100% of one month rent payable after tenant takes occupancy
Property Management Services
- All of the above plus the following:
- Collection of rent from tenants to include online payment option (convenience equals timeliness)
- ACH deposits to owners by the 12th day of the month providing a monthly statement of account (Subject to receipt of payment from tenant)
- Coordinate all maintenance and/or repairs with tenant and contractor
- Conduct 6 month inspection of property
- Conduct final move out inspection with tenants
- Disbursement of security deposit funds as outlined by Maryland law
- Court filing and appearances on behalf of owners at no extra fee
- Year end report provided to owner for tax/accounting purposes
Total cost is equal to 100% of one month rent payable after tenant takes occupancy, and a fee of 10% of one month rent each subsequent month thereafter. (No hidden fees)
At DeHanas Real Estate Services, our Property Managers, Mike and Staci Mildenstein, are full time Property Managers with a team of agents working directly with them in the showing of rental property. Mike is retired military, has a strong background in management, and has been a licensed Realtor since 2002. Staci has more than 15 years experience in the industry, and has been a licensed Realtor since 2011.
Questions to Ask When Shopping for Property Management Services:
- Do you charge an upfront “Maintenance Deposit” from owners?
- Do you charge during vacancy periods?
- Do you charge to renew a lease with the same tenant?
- Do you charge a sub-contractors fee?
- Do you charge an administrative fee?
- Do you charge for court filings or appearances?
Our answer to each question above is “No”. We charge a flat fee of 10% of the rent per month, no hidden costs and no surprises.
Additional Questions to Ask When Shopping for Property Management Services:
- Do you conduct a thorough move in and move out inspection with the tenant?
- Do you conduct vacant house checks on a regular basis?
- Do you offer online rent payments for tenants?
- Do you make ACH bank deposits for owners by the 8th of each month?
Our answer to each question is “Yes”. We do everything we can to ensure your property is well taken care of before, during and after occupancy. We strive to offer the quickest, most convenient and reliable form of payments to owners.
Toll Free: 800-842-0190
DC Metro: 301-870-1717
Maryland Local: 301-638-3443